Time Capsule 150 & TG4: Tune into TG4 on Thursday 19th March 2015 at 8pm to view a programme called Duiche which will feature interviews etc., in connection with the Time Capsule 150 Project.
Holy Cross Church Kenmare 150
Time Capsule Project
Buried in the grounds of Holy Cross Church on
Wednesday, 21st January 2015.
Our Time-Capsule was filled with items that will represent the people of Kenmare Parish 50 years from now the story of the parish’s history and the way in which the 150th Anniversary of the Consecration of Holy Cross Church was celebrated in 2014.
Into it we have committed our deepest convictions and blessings and aspirations to writing for those who follow us, including letters to the future with hopes, dreams and aspirations for dear and loved ones.
We pray God’s blessing on our best efforts of this past week through the contents of this Time Capsule to reach into the future with a message and witness of love and hope to the generations of family and parishioners of 2064.
We pray courage on them to be strong witnesses for Jesus Christ and his service to the world. We make this prayer through Christ Our Lord.
Words of unbounded gratitude from the Kenmare Parish Pastoral Council to each and all who contributed to the project and ceremony.
- to the choirs, singers, musicians, readers and servers,
- to the principals, staffs and pupils of Pobalscoil Inbhear Scéine, Kenmare, Cahir N.S. and St. John’s N.S. Kenmare,
- to the Church of Ireland and Methodist Communities,
- to Michael Hayes & staff of R.V.R. Ltd., who sourced and sponsored the Capsule and Donald Lynch & staff of K.P.H. Ltd., who prepared the ground,
- to members of the visual, sound and print Media,
- to Jerry O’Sullivan and all who engaged with the Video Recording Project and all parishioners who helped out and participated.